This is a third and last of the Stage 2 blog posts. Stage 3 posts are going to be weekly summaries again.
As for this one I decided to post it immediately with all life stuff bundled in, I’ll write about all of them first and then move over to an actual university work.
First of all, a nice photo from this period to have it on top of the blog post. This time it’s a nice light of the oven (I finally learned to cook something more advanced than spaghetti!).
Continue reading “Week 17-20 summary (13-10 Febrary)”
This is a second post that has three weeks combined together – truly, this way it’s much easier!
As the entire experience for the project was written by me in a form of presentation for a final critique, there’s honestly not that much else to write about, so here it is:
Overall, this brief was the most challenging for me so far in terms of idea development. It took me a very long time and many conversations with different people to come up with something. Current idea is very clearly a meltdown of all the inspirations that I had over this period, rather than something that I came up easily and smoothly right from the beginning, as I always did.
Last, but not least, I’d like to try to improve my piece later by, probably, using another plastic piece that I did first and considered a fail at that moment – it looks much scarier and not that obvious as the current one.
Here’s the outcome piece once again.
As for the nostalgic and diary-alike part of the post, it will be added later this weeekend for a sake of nostalgic me a couple of years later. It’s 2/3 done, but lacks some key part about the Moscow trip, so yeah…
This is a first post that has three weeks combined together – it’s a very nice option to have.
Week summaries for 9th and 10th week will come soon.
Exactly as with the next post, this one will be rather short and without all that biographic details – instead, it’ll only consist of the presentation that I made for the assessment. It not only fully covers the development process, but also has my concept (or research proposal, if you wish) and research for the brief. This presentation in a future will become a part of the big range of document that will accompany the finished product.
As this presentation was meant to be seen on a large screen, I’d suggest to download it here and open it on a full screen – otherwise some text might be too small.
My previous spaceships (at least the most popular) can be found here and here. What is interesting is that you can access statistics to see how many people actually downloaded the world to try it out.
All this statistics will be handled in with the ship itself for the final assesment.
An ultimate goal for this brief is to export the game model and 3d print it, but it seems like the game will crash if I’ll try to export the ship of this size.
More general life stuff coming later.